How long has it been since you compared quotes for lower-priced Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Milwaukee? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Volkswagen Beetle in Wisconsin can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time. There is a better way to find car insurance online and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Volkswagen and locate the lowest price from Milwaukee insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Milwaukee six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to show you the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Quoting and buying the best-priced coverage in Milwaukee is not as confusing as people think. You only need an understanding of the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes on the web.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Milwaukee utilizes the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information like if you lease or own, whether you drive to work or school, whether you are single or married, and your occupation. The data is then submitted to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Wisconsin. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$96||$188||$196||$12||$58||$550||$46|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$224||$422||$152||$10||$46||$854||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Beetle car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact formula to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Beetle replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen Beetle in Milwaukee, insurance is mandatory in Wisconsin but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Beetle with a loan, most banks will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
How Your Beetle Insurance Prices are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
The items below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Car features that lower rates – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Teenagers are high risk – Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Drivers with little experience are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Gender matters – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Higher deductibles save money – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles – Companies use historical loss data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Beetle Vehicles
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Beetle Convertible||85||78||95||76||89||79|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before they will apply.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, driver training, seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include mature driver, safe driver, safe vehicle, anti-theft, group or association, company car, and teen driver.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Switch & Save, multi-car, good student, online quote, defensive driver, homeowner, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and good driver.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Milwaukee.
Auto insurance agents can help
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Angelica Angel
5220 S 27th St – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-3600 – View Map
- Karin Bojarski-Vella State Farm??
7919 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-1141 – View Map
- Diana Kostal – State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 E Capitol Dr – Milwaukee, WI 53211 – (414) 964-8680 – View Map
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Milwaukee that can give you price quote information.
- Frank Marchan Insurance Agency, LLC
3931 S Howell Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 755-4999 – View Map
- Friedle Insurance Agency Inc
7700 W Bluemound Rd #110 – Wauwatosa, WI 53213 – (414) 475-0110 – View Map
- Robertson Ryan and Associates, Inc
330 E Kilbourn Ave #650 – Milwaukee, WI 53202 – (414) 271-3575 – View Map
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Volkswagen Beetle insurance prices in Milwaukee. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)