Scraping up a payment for pricey Chevrolet Camaro insurance in Milwaukee can diminish your bank account and force you to make tough financial choices. Price shopping at each renewal is free and is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of drivers in Wisconsin renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save about 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
You have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal for Chevy Camaro insurance in Milwaukee.
How to get free Chevy Camaro insurance quotes online
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The diagram below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Chevrolet Camaro insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a slight reduction on a Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, air bags, membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, anti-theft, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including good driver, ease of repair, multi-car, professional/association, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, early bird, student driver, good student, and homeowners.
- Allstate has discounts for economy car, good student, multi-policy, teenSMART discount, and FullPay discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To view providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Milwaukee, follow this link.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Getting married reduces risk – Being married may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the miles on your Chevy in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Camaro may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money.
- How much liability do you need? – Liability insurance will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Safer cars mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Chevy Camaro insurance loss data – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Camaro vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Camaro Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Camaro 2dr 139 118 123 123 130 127 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 92 85 107 85 95 103 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr 222 80 174 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible 111 113
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Milwaukee insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the price. A good agent in Milwaukee will have answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will want to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give price quotes.
12344 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53228 – (414) 235-3561 – View Map
Once you have reasonable responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
Is there deception in advertising?
Big name companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. They all advertise the message that you can save just by moving your policy. How does each company lower your prices? This is how they do it.
Most companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that will be a good risk. For example, this type of driver might be described as over the age of 50, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who fits that profile will probably get the lowest prices and will most likely save when switching.
Insureds who cannot meet those standards may be required to pay a higher rate and this results in the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can make claims like that. This really illustrates why drivers must compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
Be persistent to save money
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Camaro insurance prices in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Much more information about insurance in Wisconsin is located at these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)