Want to learn a better way to compare low-cost Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee? If price shopping Milwaukee car insurance quotes online is new to you, by this point your are probably overwhelmed due to the large selection of companies competing for business in Milwaukee.
Unthinkable but true, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers could save $859 every year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices at least once a year since prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee a year ago you can probably find a better rate now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Grand Prix insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to lower your auto insurance rates in Milwaukee.
Most companies make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Getting online rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into the form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system gets reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price.
The ability to get online rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for affordable prices.
To compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies provide price quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but a few must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Grand Prix can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Grand Prix insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Accident Free – Milwaukee drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison with bad drivers.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, defensive driver, federal employee, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, IntelliDrive, save driver, multi-policy, and new car.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, driver training, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly retired, newly married, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, new move discount, safety features, and teen driver discount.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Milwaukee. To locate companies that offer some of these discounts in Milwaukee, click here.
Learn How to Find Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The following are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Older drivers are lower risk – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Young drivers tend to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Consider raising physical damage deductibles – The deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Your location is a factor – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
File claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Wisconsin give better rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Married people drive safer – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Improve your credit history and save – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Pontiac Grand Prix if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Performance impacts premiums – The type of vehicle you own makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Pontiac Grand Prix falls in the coupe class, insurance will be similar in price as compared to the average rate in Milwaukee. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Compare prices but still have a local Milwaukee insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. A good agent in Milwaukee will have answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How many years have they been established?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Milwaukee?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Milwaukee who can help you get price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Paul Rathkamp
11805 W Hampton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53225 – (414) 438-1515 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Adam Altis
6015 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 321-9944 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Hoffman
2090 Miller Park Way – West Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 384-1200 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent agents in Milwaukee that are able to give price quote information.
- Friedle Insurance Agency Inc
7700 W Bluemound Rd #110 – Wauwatosa, WI 53213 – (414) 475-0110 – View Map
- Kirchen Insurance
2255 W Good Hope Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53209 – (414) 352-5750 – View Map
- B and J Insurance Agency, Inc.
4234 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 461-4120 – View Map
If you get positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just remember consumers can terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t think that you’re stuck with any specific company with no way to switch.
Auto insurance advertising gotchas
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television, radio, and online ads. All the companies say the same thing that you can save if you get a free Milwaukee car insurance quote and switch your auto insurance coverage to their company. How is it possible that every company can save you money on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer could be between 30 and 50, owns their home, and drives newer vehicles. Someone that fits those parameters will get low prices and have a good chance to save when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for these stringent criteria will see higher rates and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because each company has a different risk profile, you need to get Milwaukee car insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the best Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee.
Cover all your bases
When getting Milwaukee car insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cost effective Pontiac Grand Prix insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information can be read at the links below
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)