The vehicle model that is being insured is one of the biggest factors when trying to find cheaper car insurance for teenage males. Vehicles with more horsepower, poor crash test ratings, or a history of substantial liability claims will cost more to insure than safer models. The information below shows car insurance rates for the most budget-friendly automobiles to insure.
|Vehicle||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$7,776|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$7,785|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$7,850|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$8,328|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$8,818|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$8,878|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$9,146|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$9,155|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$9,221|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$9,226|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$9,221|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$9,226|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$9,296|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$9,302|
|Get a Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 16, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify rates considerably.
Based upon these rates, you can see that makes and models like the Ford Escape, Honda Accord, and Honda CR-V will be some of the cheapest vehicles to insure for teen boys. The cost of a car insurance policy will be higher anyway because there is more exposure for teenage males, but overall those makes and models will probably have the lowest prices compared to all other vehicles.
For teen boys, one of the more important components that are used to help calculate car insurance rates is your address in Milwaukee. More densely populated places likely pay more, whereas areas with less people or fewer weather incidents can boast about having cheaper rates.
The table below rates the priciest cities in Wisconsin for teenage males to buy an auto insurance policy in. Milwaukee is ranked at #1 with the annual price of $1,410 on average, which is around $118 each month.
|21||Fond du Lac||$985|
|Find the Best Rates Go|
Rate quotes are comparative as the specific zip code location can revise insurance rates greatly.
How to get discounts on Milwaukee insurance rates
Car insurance companies that offer quotes for teenage males may provide discounts that could potentially reduce rates by 30% or more if you meet certain criteria. Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, homeowner, early shopping, business and professional, mature driver, multi-car, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, multiple policy, good driver, multiple autos, driver’s education, good student, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, federal employee, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, new move discount, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
The example below visualizes the comparison of car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Wisconsin state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows the price with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with good student, continuous coverage, passive restraint, vehicle safety, paid-in-full, and paperless filing discounts applied. When discounts are factored in, theaverage amount saved on auto insurance for teenage males is 28% or $483.
Cost of full coverage in Milwaukee
Reducing premiums for auto insurance is the goal of the majority of people, and one of the fastest ways to buy cheaper insurance for teenage males is to not pay for full coverage. The chart below compares car insurance costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
As an average for all age groups, physical damage insurance costs $1,476 per year more than carrying just liability coverage. That is a significant amount which raises the question if it’s a good idea to buy full coverage. There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your vehicle’s settlement value is $10,500 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $9,500 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $950 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
How to find more affordable insurance for teenage males
It is possible to find better rates, and here are some of the better penny-pinching solutions that can help drivers quote cheap auto insurance.
- Save money by obeying traffic laws and keeping a clean driving record
- Do not pay for comprehensive and collision coverage on older vehicles
- Drive vehicles with five-star safety ratings
- Buying home and auto insurance together can earn discounts
- Too many claims can make car insurance unaffordable
- Do not get into accidents
- Compare rates regularly to ensure the best deal
That last idea is especially significant, as we stressed in this write-up. Car insurance rates in Milwaukee can change considerably based on profitability, so you should be ready to change insurance companies if you find a better deal.
Being loyal to a particular company is commendable, but it’s not a great idea if that loyalty ends up costing hundreds of dollars a year. Now is a great time to compare rates and find cheaper car insurance for teenage males.