Would you like to stop overpaying and find more affordable Dodge Journey insurance in Milwaukee? Do you get confused by the wide range of insurance companies in your area? Many other people are too. You have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a challenge to find the perfect company for you. Milwaukee has lots to offer, but expensive insurance premiums can make it difficult for lots of drivers to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States could save almost $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using these tips. Finding the most affordable auto insurance coverage in Milwaukee is not as hard as you may think. Although Wisconsin consumers can benefit from knowing how companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. The process is pretty painless as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, their system orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find a better rate.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will be getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$136||$204||$216||$12||$64||$632||$53|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$112||$200||$216||$12||$64||$604||$50|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$186||$242||$302||$18||$90||$838||$70|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$154||$248||$216||$12||$64||$694||$58|
|Journey SXT AWD||$204||$328||$236||$14||$70||$852||$71|
|Journey R/T AWD||$222||$434||$310||$18||$92||$1,076||$90|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$172||$350||$216||$12||$64||$814||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premiums greatly.
Dodge Journey full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Journey yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Journey book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Wisconsin
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Dodge but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Milwaukee overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance in the media
Respected companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to try to convey promises of big savings if you get a free Milwaukee auto insurance quote and switch your policy. How is it plausible that every one can charge you a lower premium? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that will be a good risk. An example of a desirable insured might be described as over the age of 45, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any customer that matches those criteria will get the preferred car insurance rates in Milwaukee and have a good chance to save if they switch.
Drivers who cannot meet these stringent criteria will be charged a higher rate which translates to the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims. Because each company has a different risk profile, it’s extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance company will have the lowest Dodge Journey insurance in Milwaukee.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Dodge Journey insurance in Milwaukee
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Journey can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
Buying insurance from Milwaukee car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Milwaukee
If you are searching for a local Milwaukee insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Listed below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Joseph Setum Jr
3457 S Kinnickinnic Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 769-0701 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cyndy Johnson
3801 W Fond Du Lac Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53216 – (414) 445-2558 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance
2121 S Kinnickinnic Ave #7 – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 483-3300 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Milwaukee independent agents that can give you price quotes.
- Dominguez Insurance Agency
2016 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-5955 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
- B and J Insurance Agency, Inc.
4234 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 461-4120 – View Map
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and damage from getting keyed. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Dodge Journey.
Since many Wisconsin drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in Wisconsin), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, funeral costs and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Journey in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, medical expenses and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Wisconsin state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Dodge Journey insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much are Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)