Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance can stress out your accounts and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Getting a rate comparison can help to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,340, Wisconsin drivers could save themselves nearly 30% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Since vehicle owners have many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Toyota 86 in Milwaukee, it can be hard to locate the lowest cost company.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding a better price. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s important to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Wisconsin. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Determine discounts on Milwaukee auto insurance
Some insurance providers don’t always list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could qualify for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Milwaukee auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with bad drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of your policy.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, good student, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate may offer discounts for safe driver, economy car, premier plus, early signing, and resident student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for accident-free, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, good student, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good student
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area.
Local Milwaukee car insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Milwaukee that give free quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Milwaukee should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get comparison quotes.
5600 W Center St – Milwaukee, WI 53210 – (414) 873-4500 – View Map
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
How many coverages with the same company – Most auto insurance companies give better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
Premiums impacted by your city – Choosing to live in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Don’t get traffic citations – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest rates tend to be for economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Toyota 86 is a sport coupe, rates will be much more as compared to the average rate in Milwaukee.
Incidental coverages can cost a lot – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can buy but may not be useful. Things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Does insurance cost more for males? – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
More annual miles equals more premium – The more you drive your Toyota every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your 86 may be costing you.
Low credit rating equals high costs – Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota 86 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Three good reasons to insure your 86
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lien holder, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
One last thing to lower rates
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Toyota 86 insurance car insurance rates in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Milwaukee auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a small local company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Milwaukee is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)