Trying to find the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Milwaukee? If you’re trying to find cheaper insurance online, do you get overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance companies in your area? Many other drivers are as well. Wisconsin vehicle owners have so many choices that it can really be a burden to lower your auto insurance rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Milwaukee. Lots of people think Milwaukee has lots to offer, but the high cost of auto insurance can make it impossible to afford proper coverage amounts.
It’s shocking but 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could save roughly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched.
Honda CR-Z insurance discounts in Milwaukee
Some insurers do not list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current CR-Z insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will lower your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be offered in Milwaukee.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Milwaukee is easy for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into a form. When the form is submitted, their rating system orders your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information.
Quoting online for Honda CR-Z insurance in Milwaukee streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Wisconsin. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
What if I want to buy from local Milwaukee auto insurance agents?
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How long has their agency been open in Milwaukee?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Milwaukee?
- If they are an independent agency in Milwaukee, which companies do they recommend?
What type of Milwaukee auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Milwaukee may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Paul Rathkamp
11805 W Hampton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53225 – (414) 438-1515 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Joseph Setum Jr
3457 S Kinnickinnic Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 769-0701 – View Map
- Diana Kostal – State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 E Capitol Dr – Milwaukee, WI 53211 – (414) 964-8680 – View Map
These agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Adams Insurance Service Inc
11046 W Bluemound Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53226 – (414) 257-2070 – View Map
- Unisource Insurance Associates, LLC
10425 W North Ave #226 – Milwaukee, WI 53226 – (414) 774-7040 – View Map
If you get good responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel coverage at any point so never assume you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though Milwaukee CR-Z insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Wisconsin but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your CR-Z, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Wisconsin drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in Wisconsin), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability coverages – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Wisconsin state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your CR-Z resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your CR-Z in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for nursing services, ambulance fees, dental work and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Honda CR-Z insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)