Are you researching lower-priced Ford Mustang insurance in Milwaukee? Are you drained from not being able to scrape enough together to pay auto insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as many other Wisconsin consumers.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Milwaukee could save as much as $370 each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online. Companies like GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
It’s a great practice to quote other rates before your next renewal because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Ford Mustang insurance in Milwaukee last year you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How to compare Ford Mustang insurance quotes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reducing your insurance rates is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to go to different Milwaukee agent offices. Comparing online rate quotes reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the professional abilities of a local agency. Drivers can comparison shop your insurance online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$226||$422||$302||$18||$90||$1,058||$88|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$412||$302||$18||$90||$992||$83|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$192||$500||$260||$16||$78||$1,046||$87|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$96||$218||$276||$16||$82||$688||$57|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$118||$316||$242||$14||$72||$762||$64|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$152||$356||$288||$18||$86||$900||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims increase Ford Mustang annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Mustang annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below examines Ford Mustang car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Mustang replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get cheaper Ford Mustang insurance in Milwaukee with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Milwaukee auto insurance quote as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop Milwaukee auto insurance over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with the best Ford Mustang insurance discounts in Milwaukee in Milwaukee, click here.
Local Milwaukee insurance agents
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Milwaukee.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Milwaukee?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
After you get positive responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the things companies use to determine premiums.
- Deter theft and lower prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Don’t buy add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, towing, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- How credit rating affects insurance prices – An insured’s credit score factor in determining your rates. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Ford Mustang by improving your rating.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up premiums – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Wisconsin provide the best rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Insurance loss probability for a Ford Mustang – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have increased rates.
The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Ford Mustang vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Ford Mustang Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Mustang 2dr 175 80 131 109 136 117 Ford Mustang GT 2dr 171 61 143 82
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional in Wisconsin
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, auto insurance is required by state law in Wisconsin and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce Ford Mustang insurance rates online in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Much are Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)