Looking for the cheapest insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Honda Element insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for your Honda and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Milwaukee agents.
Unbelievably, most insurance customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Milwaukee can save nearly $373 each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates.
It’s a good idea to compare prices yearly since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best price on Honda Element insurance in Milwaukee two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are already insured or just want to save money, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. The intent of this article is to help you learn how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. Drivers just have to understand the most time-saving way to shop for insurance over the internet.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Honda Element insurance in Milwaukee is to realize all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like how much coverage you want, if it has an alarm system, if you’re married, and daily mileage. The rating information is instantly submitted to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Honda Element now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$122||$232||$310||$18||$92||$774||$65|
|Element LX 4WD||$152||$294||$260||$16||$78||$800||$67|
|Element EX 2WD||$106||$184||$234||$14||$70||$608||$51|
|Element EX 4WD||$94||$184||$260||$16||$78||$632||$53|
|Element SC 2WD||$202||$300||$302||$18||$90||$912||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can change auto insurance rates considerably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can impact Honda Element insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda Element insurance in Milwaukee
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some need to be specifically requested before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Online Discount – Certain car insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Honda Element insurance in Milwaukee.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you need affordable Honda Element insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Low stress job equals lower rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like lawyers, architects and miners generally pay higher average rates because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a dented fender, hitting a deer, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Save money by having excellent credit – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your Honda Element if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Premiums drop with age – Teenage drivers in Wisconsin have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If the Honda Element earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Gender and auto insurance – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Milwaukee should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Milwaukee?
- How long has the business existed?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you’re trying to find a local Milwaukee insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Milwaukee are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee who may provide you with rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Sherry Watson
930 E Knapp St Ste 1 – Milwaukee, WI 53202 – (414) 277-7772 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Kelley
5913 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 988-5271 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following are independent agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Bill Luepke Insurance Agency
1223 E Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-1040 – View Map
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-8900 – View Map
- Kirchen Insurance
2255 W Good Hope Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53209 – (414) 352-5750 – View Map
Smart shoppers get results
You just learned many ways to find affordable Honda Element insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates are with the smaller companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More affordable insurance in Milwaukee is available on the web and with local Milwaukee insurance agents, so you need to quote Milwaukee car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)