How long has it been since you compared low-cost GMC Yukon insurance in Milwaukee? If you’re trying to find cheaper insurance on the web, do you get frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance choices in your area? Many other drivers are too. Vehicle owners have so many choices available that it can easily turn into a real challenge to locate the lowest auto insurance rates for GMC Yukon insurance in Milwaukee. Everyone knows Milwaukee is a great place to live, but expensive auto insurance rates makes it very hard to meet other financial obligations.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never shopped around. The average driver in Wisconsin could save an average of roughly 30% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It’s smart to compare rates yearly because auto insurance prices change quite often. If you had the best rates on GMC Yukon insurance in Milwaukee last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to get good coverage on GMC Yukon insurance in Milwaukee at a lower rate.
Companies offering low-cost GMC Yukon price quotes in Milwaukee, WI
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Wisconsin. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$112||$174||$236||$14||$70||$606||$51|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$194||$294||$234||$14||$70||$806||$67|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$222||$368||$310||$18||$92||$1,010||$84|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$214||$368||$260||$16||$78||$936||$78|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$214||$398||$298||$18||$90||$1,018||$85|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$192||$350||$216||$12||$64||$834||$70|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$138||$256||$260||$16||$78||$748||$62|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$192||$398||$294||$18||$88||$990||$83|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$312||$548||$340||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$194||$364||$266||$16||$80||$920||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific Milwaukee garaging location which can decrease or increase rates greatly.
GMC Yukon insurance costs by gender and age
The example below illustrates the difference between GMC Yukon insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can influence GMC Yukon insurance premiums for each different age category. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Affordable rates on GMC Yukon insurance in Milwaukee with these seven discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow companies to spy on driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Milwaukee could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, good student, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, multi-car, pay in full, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, anti-theft, air bags, company car, paperless, student away at school, and group or association.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Milwaukee car insurance agent
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Milwaukee who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does their agency support local causes in Milwaukee?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Edward Thomas
4641 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 327-4770 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Roger Channing
4369 S Howell Ave #201 – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-9400 – View Map
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
- Unisource Insurance Associates, LLC
10425 W North Ave #226 – Milwaukee, WI 53226 – (414) 774-7040 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-8900 – View Map
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/10 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, structural damage and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Wisconsin requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Yukon in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, a broken windshield, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for hospital visits, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your GMC Yukon.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10 in Wisconsin), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
In this article, we presented many ways to find cheaper GMC Yukon insurance in Milwaukee. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Milwaukee auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
People leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Cheaper GMC Yukon insurance in Milwaukee is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)