How many times have you said it’s time to compare more competitive Honda CR-V insurance in Milwaukee? Are you tired of scraping nickels together to pay insurance each month? You have the same problem as most other drivers in Wisconsin.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers in Wisconsin have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American drivers could cut their rates by as much as 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates. Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with ads and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates quite often because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates on Honda CR-V insurance in Milwaukee a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding CR-V insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some solid techniques on how to reduce your insurance bill.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your bill.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Honda CR-V insurance.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, driver training, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, business and professional, switch companies, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including loyalty savings, safe driver, good student, vehicle storage, and driver training.
If you need low cost Milwaukee car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Milwaukee, follow this link.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Honda CR-V insurance in Milwaukee takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies will pay a fee to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data including how much school you completed, if you are currently licensed, if a SR-22 is required, and level of coverage desired. Your information is sent automatically to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$134||$242||$206||$12||$62||$656||$55|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$88||$142||$202||$12||$60||$504||$42|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$148||$302||$220||$14||$66||$750||$63|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$100||$142||$202||$12||$60||$516||$43|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$94||$152||$220||$14||$66||$546||$46|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$136||$204||$184||$10||$56||$590||$49|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Honda CR-V annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda CR-V replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Wisconsin?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Milwaukee auto insurance agent
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Milwaukee should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Milwaukee for you
When searching for a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that can give you price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you should always include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get rate quotes.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
You just read a lot of tips how to save on Honda CR-V insurance in Milwaukee. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Milwaukee car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)