How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Kia Stinger insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Kia and locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your policy renews since prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Milwaukee at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Stinger insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to slash your insurance rates in Milwaukee.
Affordable rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Milwaukee auto insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- College Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Milwaukee without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Milwaukee auto insurance quote.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, driver training, early bird, good student, defensive driver, theft prevention, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, defensive driving training, driver’s education, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, business or organization, anti-theft, family plan, and good student.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including claim free, DriveSense, paid-in-full, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, bundle, driver training, air bag, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need affordable Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Milwaukee. To find providers that offer multiple discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
How to lower your Kia Stinger insurance cost in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
The following are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Optional features that cut car insurance rates – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Liability limits are a factor – Liability coverage will afford coverage if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- An active claims history can cost more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Wisconsin give the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most car insurance companies give lower prices to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Milwaukee?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When researching a good Milwaukee insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Angelica Angel
5220 S 27th St – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-3600 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Jaime Mercado
709 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 481-4400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Alex Ferreira
3436 South 13th Street – Milwaukee, WI 53215 – (414) 672-2000 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee willing to provide rate quotes.
- Dern and Company
10335 W Oklahoma Ave #203 – Milwaukee, WI 53227 – (414) 935-5700 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-8900 – View Map
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Buying the right Kia vehicle insurance in Wisconsin is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Stinger, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Wisconsin overpays more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap auto insurance is out there
Lower-priced auto insurance in Milwaukee is attainable on the web and with local Milwaukee insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)