Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest auto insurance rates in Wauwatosa, WI? Wauwatosa buyers have options when searching for low-cost car insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Wauwatosa agents.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Wisconsin consumers could cut their rates by as much as 30% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. The purpose of this article is to tell you how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Smart shoppers only need to know the quickest way to shop for car insurance from many companies at once.
Auto insurance companies in Wisconsin
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Wauwatosa, WI. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$656||$328||$55|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$594||$297||$50|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$798||$399||$67|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$846||$423||$71|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$914||$457||$76|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,050||$525||$88|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$666||$333||$56|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$750||$375||$63|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$704||$352||$59|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$738||$369||$62|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$522||$261||$44|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$598||$299||$50|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,114||$557||$93|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$782||$391||$65|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$970||$485||$81|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$716||$358||$60|
|Toyota Camry SE||$756||$378||$63|
|Toyota Corolla S||$964||$482||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific location which can influence price quotes substantially.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents raise Ford Escape insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The illustration below shows the difference between insurance rates for male and female drivers in Wauwatosa. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Honda Pilot EX.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Score discounts on Wauwatosa car insurance
Companies don’t list the entire discount list very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Wauwatosa auto insurance quotes online.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, good student, newly retired, new move discount, and newly married.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and bundle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Wauwatosa. To see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
How insurers determine auto insurance rates
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Where you reside can impact rates – Living in less populated areas is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- What are good liability coverage limits? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage if you are determined to be liable for an accident. It provides legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurers allow discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- With age comes responsibility – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Better auto insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Insurance can be complex
When buying your policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Wauwatosa.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Wauwatosa who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the lowest premium rates by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the promise about savings if you change to them.
How do they all make almost identical claims? Here is the trick they use.
Auto insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the driver that will most likely be profitable. One example of a driver they prefer could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has never had a claim, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Anybody that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Wauwatosa and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Insureds who do not match these criteria must pay higher premiums which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
This really emphasizes why you should get Wauwatosa auto insurance quotes as often as possible. Because you cannot predict which company will have the best auto insurance in Wauwatosa.
Insurance savings summarized
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Wauwatosa auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)