Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can eat up your budget, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison can be a smart way to make ends meet.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most Wisconsin auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers can save $860 each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money. Companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
You need to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best price on Volvo XC70 insurance in Milwaukee on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding XC70 insurance online but you can learn some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Milwaukee is quite easy. Drivers just need to understand the most effective way to compare insurance rates online.
Companies offering Volvo XC70 insurance in Milwaukee
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$154||$272||$350||$20||$106||$902||$75|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$214||$500||$294||$18||$88||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in your specific Milwaukee location which can modify insurance rates substantially.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The illustration below shows the difference between Volvo XC70 premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Milwaukee
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Volvo XC70 insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Volvo XC70 Insurance Prices
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Safety first – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some insurance companies give lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- With age comes responsibility – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Parents adding a teenage driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Your liability insurance limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if you are found to be at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Miles driven impacts costs – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having an incorrect usage rating on your XC70 may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating states the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Your occupation is a factor – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like judges, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like professors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Car features that cut prices – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Insurance loss probability for a Volvo XC70 – Insurers analyze the history of losses to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo XC70 vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo XC70 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD 69 Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD 79 70 94 45
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Volvo XC70 insurance in Milwaukee
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- College Student Discount – Older children living away from Milwaukee attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
To locate companies with the best Volvo XC70 insurance discounts in Milwaukee in Wisconsin, click here.
Independent and exclusive insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Milwaukee.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Milwaukee for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Milwaukee insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Milwaukee can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Milwaukee that may be able to provide price quote information.
12344 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53228 – (414) 235-3561 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agent properly licensed in Wisconsin?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Milwaukee?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Find cheaper auto insurance rates by comparing often
Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cost effective Volvo XC70 insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Milwaukee insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to lower your Volvo XC70 insurance premium rates in Milwaukee. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)