How long has it been since you compared quotes for the cheapest insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Volkswagen and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Milwaukee insurance agents.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Wisconsin insurance shoppers could pocket as much as 30% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be asked for before you get the savings.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can receive discounts as much as 30%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, accident-free, business or organization, and family plan.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, defensive driver, 55 and older, air bags, and student driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, and air bag.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be offered in Milwaukee. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Wisconsin, click here to view.
Many insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your required coverages on the page. When the form is submitted, their quoting system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Milwaukee makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to get lower-cost car insurance pricing.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Liability coverage claims can be big – Liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you.
- An insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Bundle policies and save – Most major insurance companies afford a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Having just one driving citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have received severe citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Miles driven impacts rates – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen in a year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your e-Golf can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Certain occupations pay higher premiums – Jobs such as lawyers, police officers, and dentists are shown to have higher premium rates due to high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Due to the fact that the Volkswagen e-Golf falls in the compact car class, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower compared to average rates in Milwaukee. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What is the minimum liability in Wisconsin?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volkswagen e-Golf?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Local Milwaukee car insurance agents and auto insurance
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Milwaukee.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive and independent Milwaukee car insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Milwaukee independent agencies who may provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Butzer Insurance Agency
7311 W Burleigh St – Milwaukee, WI 53210 – (414) 445-9585 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
- Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Andrew J. McCabe
4010 N Oakland Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53211 – (414) 961-1166 – View Map
- Karin Bojarski-Vella State Farm??
7919 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-1141 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Lamar E. Dismuke
8201 W Capitol Dr – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 527-1925 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Why you need insurance for your Volkswagen vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen e-Golf in Milwaukee, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your e-Golf greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying over $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)