If you are new to online price comparisons, you may be overwhelmed due to the large number insurance agents and companies all claiming to save you money.
Unbelievably, most car insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Wisconsin drivers could save themselves almost $400 a year, but they think it’s difficult to find affordable car insurance rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Our goal is to help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Wisconsin car owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Buy Milwaukee Subaru Crosstrek insurance online
To find affordable Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Wisconsin auto insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates. Just keep in mind that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates
Car insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Milwaukee auto insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, good student, military active duty, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and accident-free.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, early bird, homeowners, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Milwaukee. If you would like to view providers with the best discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
Insurance in Wisconsin serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru Crosstrek with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
When to talk to an agent
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Milwaukee that can provide free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. A good agent in Milwaukee will have answers to these questions.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?