Do you want to learn to get lower-priced Mazda 5 insurance in Milwaukee? Shopping for discount Milwaukee Mazda 5 insurance quotes on the internet may be overwhelming for drivers new to quoting and comparing rates and buying car insurance on the internet. With a ridiculous number of insurers to choose from, how are drivers expected to have time to compare every possible option in order to find cheaper car insurance prices?
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. consumers could pocket as much as 47% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Companies offering Mazda 5 insurance in Milwaukee
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$96||$164||$184||$10||$56||$510||$43|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$138||$272||$254||$16||$76||$756||$63|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$170||$350||$206||$12||$62||$800||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Milwaukee garaging location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
Careless driving habits raise Milwaukee car insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise Mazda 5 premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The information below compares Mazda 5 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Raise deductibles and save
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Mazda 5 insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Informed Drivers Save Every Year
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Single drivers take more risk – Being married can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Never let your auto insurance expire – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Wisconsin motor vehicle department.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Mazda 5 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Mazda 5 is classified as a van and minivan, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Milwaukee. Small economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Consolidate and save – Many insurance companies allow lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Bump up coverage deductibles to lower rates – Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Mazda 5 insurance loss statistics – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Mazda 5 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Mazda 5 Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 5 86 86 73 103 95 91
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help to save on Mazda 5 insurance in Milwaukee
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Mazda may enable drivers to earn better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above are:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Milwaukee, click here to view.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Where are claims handled?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Milwaukee
When looking for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Milwaukee can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Paul Rathkamp
11805 W Hampton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53225 – (414) 438-1515 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cyndy Johnson
3801 W Fond Du Lac Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53216 – (414) 445-2558 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Roger Channing
4369 S Howell Ave #201 – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-9400 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you contact a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Milwaukee that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-8900 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
- Brew City Insurance
2937 S Chicago Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-6600 – View Map
Upon receiving good feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Tricks in insurance advertising
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your policy. How does every insurance company have lower policy pricing? This is how they do it.
Different companies require specific criteria for the right customer that will generate a profit. For example, a preferred risk might have to be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Anyone that fits those parameters gets the lowest premium rates as well as save a lot of money.
Consumers who cannot meet the requirements will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The ads state “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Because every company is different, you need to compare many company’s prices. It is impossible to guess the company that will have the lowest premium rates for your situation.
Quote often and quote early
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce Mazda 5 insurance premium rates online in Milwaukee. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
When searching for inexpensive Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)