Wish you could get out of high-priced Dodge Viper insurance in Milwaukee? Believe me when I say many Milwaukee drivers feel the same as you.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Wisconsin being $1,300, drivers could save an average of about 30% each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switched. There are many insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates on Dodge Viper insurance in Milwaukee two years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The purpose of this post is to teach you how car insurance quotes work and how you can save the most money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Shoppers only need to know the most efficient way to compare insurance rates online.
Buy Milwaukee Dodge Viper insurance online
All the larger car insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting Dodge Viper insurance prices online is quite easy as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on the data you entered. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find cheaper rates.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you are getting comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Wisconsin. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$220||$532||$242||$14||$72||$1,080||$90|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$246||$614||$298||$18||$90||$1,266||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates significantly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Viper annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Viper replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Discounts can help to save on Dodge Viper insurance in Milwaukee
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Professional Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help lower your auto insurance premiums.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, homeowner, good student, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, early bird, good driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view providers with the best Dodge Viper insurance discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Dodge Viper Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Battle of the sexes – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. They both cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Premiums go up with performance – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Because the Dodge Viper is a sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost much more than the average rate where you live in Milwaukee. The lowest performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce prices – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Dodge. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Wisconsin give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Marriage is a factor – Being married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Dodge scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- Extra coverages that may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurers apply a discount to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you still need to compare Dodge Viper rates in Milwaukee to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Dodge Viper claim probability – Companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Dodge Viper vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Dodge Viper Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Viper 2dr 147
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Milwaukee auto insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower prices and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Milwaukee.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Milwaukee who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Milwaukee agents, there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Milwaukee that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get rate quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
Do drivers who switch really save $495 a year?
Wisconsin consumers can’t avoid all the ads for the lowest price insurance from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. All the ads try to convey promises about saving some big amount if you get a free Milwaukee auto insurance quote and switch your policy.
That’s great but how can every company lower your prices? Here is how they do it.
Many companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that earns them the most money. For instance, this type of insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A propective insured that fits those parameters will most likely get cheap premium rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums which results in the customer buying from someone else. The ads state “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those statements.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers must do a quote comparison often. It is just not possible to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Dodge Viper insurance in Milwaukee. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)