Vehicle owners who are new to the process of shopping for insurance online are likely to find sourcing cheap Silverado 2500HD insurance is more work than they anticipated.
It's amazing but over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Milwaukee insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it's difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons yearly because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Milwaukee a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you're going to learn the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Chevy Silverado 2500HD rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find a lower rate.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$142||$222||$302||$18||$90||$774||$65|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$172||$398||$272||$16||$82||$940||$78|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$352||$302||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$218||$468||$278||$16||$84||$1,064||$89|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$118||$264||$294||$18||$88||$782||$65|
|Silverado 2500HD LT Extended Cab Diesel 2WD||$202||$402||$350||$20||$106||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$254||$406||$340||$20||$102||$1,122||$94|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 4WD||$218||$468||$278||$16||$84||$1,064||$89|
|Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$134||$284||$266||$16||$80||$780||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can affect premiums considerably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Don't overlook these Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Milwaukee auto insurance depending on your company.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for good student, good driver, driver's education, multiple autos, student away at school, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, seat belt use, membership and employees, and good student.
- Allstate discounts include utility vehicle, eSmart discount, resident student, new car, premier plus, and farm vehicle.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, drive less, safe driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
When quoting, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Wisconsin, click here.
Local Milwaukee insurance agencies and insurance
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Milwaukee?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Milwaukee can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Jaime Mercado
709 W Layton Ave - Milwaukee, WI 53221 - (414) 481-4400 - View Map
- Karin Bojarski-Vella State FarmÂ®
7919 N 76th St - Milwaukee, WI 53223 - (414) 355-1141 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Hoffman
2090 Miller Park Way - West Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 384-1200 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are Milwaukee independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Adams Insurance Service Inc
11046 W Bluemound Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53226 - (414) 257-2070 - View Map
- Billy Brown Insurance
715 Milwaukee St - Delafield, WI 53018 - (262) 646-8252 - View Map
- See Insurance Agency LLC
7817 W Brown Deer Rd - Milwaukee, WI 53223 - (414) 355-5433 - View Map
Eight factors that affect insurance rates
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The type of car, truck or SUV you drive makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is classified as a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price than the average rate where you live in Milwaukee.
- More traffic equals higher prices - Residing in a rural area is a good thing when talking about insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents.
- Being married can lower premiums - Being married helps lower the price when shopping for insurance. It means you're more stable financially and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Small coverages can add up - Policies have extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren't careful. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Cut rates and deter theft - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- A good credit rating can save money - An insured's credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD if you improve your credit rating.
- Pleasure use saves money - The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Silverado 2500HD may be costing you.
- Stay claim-free and save money - Auto insurance companies in Wisconsin provide lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Silverado 2500HD in Milwaukee, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop around and save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance in Milwaukee. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Milwaukee is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)