Do you want to save money by finding more affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance in Milwaukee? Tired of scraping nickels together each month for car insurance? You are no different than most other vehicle owners in Wisconsin.
Sad but true, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Vehicle owners have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better insurance rates.
Why do you need liability? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Since the Volkswagen Golf is considered a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Milwaukee.
Cheaper to insure females? – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
Drive fewer miles and save – The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Golf can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven.
Employer impacts rates – Jobs like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers like professors, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Frequent insurance claims will increase rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher rates. Insurance companies in Wisconsin generally give the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Volkswagen Golf insurance loss statistics – Companies analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Volkswagen Golf vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Golf Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare prices from local Milwaukee insurance companies. The best way to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, replaces the need to call or drive to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Volkswagen Golf insurance rate quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$174||$406||$278||$16||$84||$958||$80|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$96||$184||$216||$12||$64||$572||$48|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$172||$398||$260||$16||$78||$924||$77|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$204||$388||$236||$14||$70||$912||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can affect prices considerably.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Golf yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Golf settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Gender-based car insurance rates in Milwaukee
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Golf car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Tricks in insurance advertising
Insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount if you change your coverage. How is it possible that every company can give you a better price on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Milwaukee? It’s all in the wording.
All companies have an ideal profile for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. An example of a profitable risk profile should be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will probably get cheap rates and will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for these standards will be charged a higher rate and the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you should get Milwaukee auto insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will have the lowest Volkswagen Golf insurance in Milwaukee.
Why you need quality insurance for your Golf
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Golf in Milwaukee, insurance is required by state law in Wisconsin and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Discount Milwaukee car insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Organization Discounts – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Milwaukee auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, bundle discounts, distant student, multi-car, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly retired, new move discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, and preferred payment discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Milwaukee. To view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Milwaukee, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who want to provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Milwaukee should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Milwaukee?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What is GAP insurance?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Wisconsin?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned many tips how you can save on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Milwaukee. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)