Do you need a better way to compare low-cost auto insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Mercury Milan insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a Mercury and locate the cheapest rates.
Finding cheap car insurance prices can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to take time to compare rate quotes to find the company with inexpensive Milwaukee car insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Milan Premier AWD||$172||$346||$206||$12||$62||$798||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise insurance rates greatly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mercury Milan insurance premiums with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mercury Milan claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Mercury Milan premium costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Safe drivers Milwaukee pay cheaper rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents can influence Mercury Milan yearly insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Mercury Milan insurance rates in Milwaukee
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new Milan can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Milwaukee car insurance with certain companies.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Milan insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, early shopping, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, good student, federal employee, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, safety device, good student, emergency road assistance, online shopper, and multi-car.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, multi-car, and drive less.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, driver’s education, anti-theft, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
If you want cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Milwaukee. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Wisconsin, click this link.
Eight Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The following are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Being married can save you money – Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Higher deductibles save money – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Mercury. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is rated on the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your Milan may be costing you higher rates.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents.
- You might want pay the inexpensive claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Wisconsin provide lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Credit score impact car insurance rates – Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Mercury Milan by improving your credit score. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- The type of car makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are for small economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Mercury Milan is a sedan, rates will be about the same as compared to the average rate in Milwaukee.
- Do you have a high stress employer? – Jobs like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and miners have the highest rates due to high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Milwaukee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find local Milwaukee agents, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Milwaukee are either exclusive or independent. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee that can possibly get you free auto insurance quotes.
- Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
- Kirchen Insurance
2255 W Good Hope Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53209 – (414) 352-5750 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below are Milwaukee exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Lamar E. Dismuke
8201 W Capitol Dr – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 527-1925 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Michael L. Voss
332 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53213 – (414) 257-2121 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Derold Barker
2215 E North Ave #1 – Milwaukee, WI 53202 – (414) 332-8350 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Any agent in Milwaukee should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you quote Milwaukee car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Cheaper car insurance in Milwaukee can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce Mercury Milan insurance rates online in Milwaukee. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)