Are you tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other people.
It’s shocking but over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in Wisconsin could save about 30% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes. Multiple insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the definite lowest cost out there.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons at least once a year because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Milwaukee at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to find better coverage on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Milwaukee at a better price.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Ford and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Save a ton with these ten discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Milwaukee car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Milwaukee car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Claim Free – Milwaukee drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts possibly include:
If you want the cheapest Ford Fusion Energi rate quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state. To locate providers who offer free Ford Fusion Energi insurance quotes in Wisconsin, click here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Milwaukee auto insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. A good agent in Milwaukee will have answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What companies can they write with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Fusion Energi from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible on your Fusion Energi in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, vandalism, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, structural damage, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. Wisconsin state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, ambulance fees and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Fusion Energi.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10 in Wisconsin), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Shop around and save
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Milwaukee. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheap Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Milwaukee is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)