Want a free price quotes on more affordable Saturn Ion insurance in Milwaukee? I can’t think of anyone who is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Milwaukee drivers could save approximately 30% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Best Saturn Ion insurance rate quotes in Wisconsin
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these seven discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, military active duty, good student, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for theft prevention, student driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and bundle.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, and education and occupation.
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Milwaukee. To find insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
Local agents and car insurance
Some consumers would rather buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Milwaukee that can provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Milwaukee?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you get positive feedback to your questions and cheap Ion insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance company that can insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy any time you want so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to any particular company indefinitely.
Car insurance advertisements
Respected companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads make the same claim that people will save just by switching your car insurance policy to them. How can each company say the same thing? Here is how they do it.
All companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a profitable risk profile may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and has excellent credit. Any driver who matches that profile receive the lowest rate quotes in Milwaukee and as a result will probably save if they switch.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates which leads to the customer not buying. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can make it sound like they have such great premium rates. That is why drivers must compare free Milwaukee car insurance quotes often. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Ion from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Ion to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Wisconsin limits are 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for hospital visits, surgery, chiropractic care and pain medications. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Wisconsin state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Be persistent and save
Lower-priced Saturn Ion insurance in Milwaukee can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)