Having to pay for expensive Saab 9-3 insurance in Milwaukee can dry up your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet.
Astonishing but true, most insurance buyers in Wisconsin renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by nearly $859 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. You have multiple insurers to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates for Saab 9-3 insurance in Milwaukee.
Free Milwaukee Saab 9-3 insurance quotes
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$328||$236||$14||$70||$808||$67|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$112||$204||$202||$12||$60||$590||$49|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$222||$196||$12||$58||$612||$51|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$468||$236||$14||$70||$1,006||$84|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$158||$256||$302||$18||$90||$824||$69|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$204||$374||$202||$12||$60||$852||$71|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$126||$236||$202||$12||$60||$636||$53|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$500||$220||$14||$66||$1,014||$85|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$194||$364||$234||$14||$70||$876||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Saab 9-3 liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Saab 9-3 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no written rule of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Saab 9-3 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Saab 9-3 insurance premiums for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims increase Saab 9-3 premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Saab 9-3 insurance rates in Milwaukee
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new 9-3 can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to track driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Club Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, 55 and older, student driver, and homeowners.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and family plan.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, online shopper, Switch & Save, renters, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in Milwaukee, click here to view.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Saab 9-3 Insurance
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Do you need those add-on coverages? – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Marriage is a good thing – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Five star crash test rating saves money – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Saab is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saab 9-3 if you improve your credit rating.
Better rates with anti-theft devices – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Good drivers pay better costs – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Even one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
When should you file a claims? – Auto insurance companies in Wisconsin award most affordable rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Compare prices but buy from a local Milwaukee insurance agency
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent. Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Milwaukee should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Milwaukee may be either independent or exclusive. Both types can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give price quote information.
American Family Insurance – Lorene Hirsch Agency LLC
3927 S 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 329-3999 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Milwaukee willing to provide price quotes.
Insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Saab 9-3 is totaled?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is the minimum liability in Wisconsin?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers in Wisconsin can’t escape the ads that promise big savings for switching by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount just by moving to them.
How does each company offer drivers better rates? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies quote the lowest rates for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. One example of a desirable risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Any new insured that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Milwaukee and therefore will save some money.
Potential insureds who do not fit the “perfect” profile will probably be forced to pay a higher rate and business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make claims like that. That is why you really need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and high prices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
The cheapest Saab 9-3 insurance in Milwaukee can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just presented many ways to find affordable Saab 9-3 insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)