Finding low-cost insurance for a Mitsubishi Outlander in Wisconsin can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Mitsubishi and get the lowest price from both online companies and Milwaukee agents.
You should take the time to compare rates quite often because insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates on Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Milwaukee a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Milwaukee.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Milwaukee is to know the trick most insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like the ages of drivers, your education level, how you use your vehicles, and if you lease or own. Your information is instantly submitted to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlander ES 2WD||$174||$344||$236||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$108||$216||$236||$14||$70||$644||$54|
|Outlander SE 4WD||$94||$184||$220||$14||$66||$578||$48|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$154||$304||$188||$12||$56||$714||$60|
|Outlander SE 2WD||$194||$410||$236||$14||$70||$924||$77|
|Outlander ES 4WD||$170||$368||$220||$14||$66||$838||$70|
|Outlander XLS 2WD||$160||$328||$236||$14||$70||$808||$67|
|Outlander XLS 4WD||$106||$218||$206||$12||$62||$604||$50|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$106||$218||$220||$14||$66||$624||$52|
|Outlander GT-S AWC 4WD||$154||$292||$184||$10||$56||$696||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence prices significantly.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mitsubishi Outlander insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mitsubishi Outlander book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Mitsubishi Outlander insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Outlander in Milwaukee, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mitsubishi, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Mitsubishi Outlander but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Milwaukee insurance discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some insurance companies.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Outlander insurance in Milwaukee.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance on a new Outlander can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Mitsubishi may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Claim-Free Discount – Milwaukee drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to bad drivers.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, driver training, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, teen driver, alternative fuel, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, and bundle discounts.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including family discount, driver training, vehicle storage, good student, annual mileage, safe driver, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, good student, exclusive group savings, new graduate, and new move discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in Milwaukee, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local Milwaukee insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Milwaukee.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can select. Agents in Milwaukee can either be independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Milwaukee who may be able to give you price quotes.
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
- Adams Insurance Service Inc
11046 W Bluemound Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53226 – (414) 257-2070 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Baiio Marchan
3647 S Chase Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 744-2192 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tom Hoffman
2090 Miller Park Way – West Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 384-1200 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Persistence pays off
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to find affordable Mitsubishi Outlander insurance in Milwaukee. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mitsubishi Outlander rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a small mutual company.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Young Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)