Do you think you bought an expensive car insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because there are lots of Milwaukee residents who feel the same.
Sad but true, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Wisconsin drivers could save nearly 30% each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Big companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices helps you find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Endeavor LS 2WD||$94||$194||$260||$16||$78||$642||$54|
|Endeavor LS AWD||$124||$236||$260||$16||$78||$714||$60|
|Endeavor SE 2WD||$144||$242||$230||$14||$68||$698||$58|
|Endeavor SE AWD||$186||$242||$302||$18||$90||$838||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can impact premiums noticeably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age in Milwaukee
The information below shows the difference between Mitsubishi Endeavor car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Analysis of deductible levels
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mitsubishi Endeavor has a lien holder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Wisconsin is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. All the ads seem to make the promise about savings after switching to them. But how can every company give you a lower rate on Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance in Milwaukee? It’s all in the wording.
Auto insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a desirable risk may need to be between 25 and 40, has no claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured that fits those parameters will probably get cheap rates and most likely will cut their Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance rates if they switch.
People who fall outside the “perfect” profile may receive a more expensive rate and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because every company is different, you really need to compare as many free Milwaukee car insurance quotes as you can. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings.
Discounts can help save money on Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance in Milwaukee
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Endeavor insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, good student, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance offers discounts for DriveSense, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, renters, claim free, good student, and paid-in-full.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, family plan, business or organization, and defensive driving.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Milwaukee. To view companies that offer many of these discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Milwaukee insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Milwaukee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Below are agents in Milwaukee that are able to give price quotes for Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance in Milwaukee.
American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Milwaukee?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, nursing services, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This covers damage to your Endeavor caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Endeavor to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi Endeavor.
Due to the fact that many Wisconsin drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Wisconsin limits are 25/50/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/10 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like structural damage, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Wisconsin state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Lower rates by being persistent
Some companies may not have price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When you buy Milwaukee car insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you some good ideas how to compare Mitsubishi Endeavor insurance rates in Milwaukee. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda Pilot in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)