Are you tired of trying to find cheaper Nissan Sentra insurance in Milwaukee? Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance companies in Milwaukee? There are so many companies available that it is a difficult mission to find a more affordable company. Lots of people think Milwaukee is a great city to raise a family in, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates can make it nearly impossible to affordably buy enough coverage.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,343, Milwaukee drivers could save roughly $373 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons before your policy renews because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest quotes on Nissan Sentra insurance in Milwaukee a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The intent of this article is to help educate you on how insurance works. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Although Wisconsin consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies calculate their prices and apply this information to your search.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Shown below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Older drivers pay less – Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.Teen drivers are proven to be inattentive when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay lower rates if you’re married – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your car insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent vehicle theft.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Some companies will give lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Don’t abuse policy claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Insurance companies in Wisconsin award the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- A good credit score can save money – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit. So if your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Sentra by improving your credit score.
- Responsible drivers pay the best prices – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Only having one moving violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have received serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
- Nissan Sentra insurance loss probability – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Sentra vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Nissan Sentra Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Sentra 120 107 81 158 179 141
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$196||$422||$302||$18||$90||$1,028||$86|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$98||$242||$220||$14||$66||$640||$53|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$138||$300||$220||$14||$66||$738||$62|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$86||$218||$220||$14||$66||$604||$50|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease rates greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Nissan Sentra insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Milwaukee, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Wisconsin and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Sentra, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Nissan Sentra insurance in Milwaukee with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list every discount available very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- E-sign Discounts – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Milwaukee car insurance on their website.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Sentra insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Milwaukee attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To view providers that offer many of these discounts in Milwaukee, follow this link.
Buying car insurance from Milwaukee insurance agents
Some people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Milwaukee.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive and independent Milwaukee auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Milwaukee who may provide price quote information.
- Dern and Company
10335 W Oklahoma Ave #203 – Milwaukee, WI 53227 – (414) 935-5700 – View Map
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 546-2100 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Baiio Marchan
3647 S Chase Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 744-2192 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Edward Thomas
4641 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 327-4770 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How are they compensated?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
How much can you save?
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper Nissan Sentra insurance in Milwaukee can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)