Do you want to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Milwaukee? Price shopping your Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Milwaukee can be nearly impossible for beginners to online comparison shopping. Since there are so many insurance companies available, it can easily be a big hassle to find more affordable rates in Wisconsin.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. American drivers could save approximately $859 every year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
These discounts can reduce Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount available very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Grand Cherokee can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy premium.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, accident-free, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim free, multi-car, good driver, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and easy pay.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Milwaukee. To choose insurers who offer free Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance quotes in Wisconsin, click this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Milwaukee takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as if a SR-22 is needed, what you do for a living, if your license is active, and driver ages. That rating information is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Milwaukee.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Wisconsin. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$142||$278||$278||$16||$84||$798||$67|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$164||$242||$302||$18||$90||$816||$68|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$96||$184||$216||$12||$64||$572||$48|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$122||$256||$278||$16||$84||$756||$63|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$112||$204||$236||$14||$70||$636||$53|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify premium rates noticeably.
Higher deductibles save money
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below compares Jeep Grand Cherokee car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Wisconsin?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Milwaukee.
By using this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
- Brew City Insurance
2937 S Chicago Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-6600 – View Map
- Reilly Insurance Services
3075 S Howell Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-4461 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Joseph Setum Jr
3457 S Kinnickinnic Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 769-0701 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Kelley
5913 W Howard Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 988-5271 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Adam Altis
6015 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 321-9944 – View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Milwaukee?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How are claims handled?
Persistence will pay off
When searching for cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Milwaukee is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Milwaukee, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Wisconsin can be found below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)