Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Mercury Montego in Wisconsin can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Mercury and get the cheapest rates from Milwaukee insurance agents and online providers.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Milwaukee is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you already have coverage or need new coverage, use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing coverage. You only need to know the tricks to compare rates online.
Save money on Mercury Montego insurance in Milwaukee with these discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will bring down your auto insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for age of vehicle, type of vehicle, good student, multi-policy, ease of repair, good driver, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, homeowner, bundle discounts, mature driver, switch companies, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, accident-free, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, teenSMART discount, economy car, auto/life discount, FullPay discount, utility vehicle, and eSmart discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Getting a cheap price on Mercury Montego insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Milwaukee car insurance quotes to discover which company has affordable Mercury Montego insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buy Mercury Montego Insurance for Less
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Higher physical damage deductibles reduce costs – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims would be a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Women tend to cost less – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Females and males have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Montego is throwing money out the window. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
Companies want multiple policies – Lots of companies allow a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Milwaukee that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Baiio Marchan
3647 S Chase Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 744-2192 – View Map
- Mark Bojarski – State Farm Insurance Agent
4724 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 545-6820 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Walt Buckhanan
5406 N Lovers Lane Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53225 – (414) 269-8945 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to include several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Milwaukee willing to provide price quotes.
- Schwade Insurance Agency, Inc.
8131 W Capitol Dr – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 462-5000 – View Map
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
After getting positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind you can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is required by state law in Wisconsin and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Montego, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Mercury and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Montego outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Quote more to save more
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Milwaukee. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Mercury Montego rate quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Mercury Montego insurance in Milwaukee is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Milwaukee, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
More information can be read at the links below
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)