Searching for better insurance prices for a Lincoln Continental in Wisconsin can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Lincoln and obtain the lowest possible price from Milwaukee insurance agents and online providers.
Get cheaper rates on Lincoln Continental insurance in Milwaukee with these six auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Milwaukee car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy premium.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, air bag, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, new car, payment discounts, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, multi-car, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- USAA discounts include new vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, family discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, multi-policy, teen driver discount, new move discount, new graduate, and hybrid vehicle.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Milwaukee. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Lincoln Continental insurance in Milwaukee takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if your license is active, your general credit rating, deductibles desired, and whether you are married. Your insurance information is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To get price quotes for your Lincoln Continental now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Milwaukee that can give you free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Milwaukee?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Lincoln Continental.
Due to the fact that many Wisconsin drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Continental resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your Continental to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills like doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, bail bonds, attorney fees, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Wisconsin state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and fire damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Be persistent to save money
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare Lincoln Continental insurance premium rates in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)