Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance choices that you can choose from? There are such a vast assortment of choices available that it is a big hassle to find the perfect company for you. Milwaukee is a great city to live in, but expensive car insurance rates makes it difficult to be able to buy decent coverage.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save themselves roughly 47% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Consumers need to do price comparisons yearly because rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Milwaukee last year you will most likely find a better price today. You can find a lot of information about Optima Hybrid insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to lower your car insurance premiums.
To get cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from companies that offer car insurance in Wisconsin. The easiest way to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
These discounts can slash Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Kia could earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next insurance statement.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Optima Hybrid insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose providers with discount rates in Wisconsin, click here to view.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though Milwaukee Optima Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Optima Hybrid, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Where are claims handled?
- If they are an independent agency in Milwaukee, which companies do they recommend?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Different types of car insurance agents in Milwaukee
When looking for a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Adam Altis
6015 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 321-9944 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angelica Angel
5220 S 27th St – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-3600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cyndy Johnson
3801 W Fond Du Lac Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53216 – (414) 445-2558 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Milwaukee independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- See Insurance Agency LLC
7817 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5433 – View Map
- B and J Insurance Agency, Inc.
4234 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53222 – (414) 461-4120 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map