Would you prefer to buy cheaper Volkswagen Eos insurance in Milwaukee? Wish you could get out of high-priced Volkswagen Eos insurance in Milwaukee? Trust us, many Milwaukee drivers feel the same as you.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Wisconsin can save approximately $400 each year, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates online. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to check insurance prices on a regular basis because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Milwaukee a couple years back you will most likely find a better price today. There are a lot of ways to save on Eos insurance online but we’re going to give you a lot of great tips on how to save money.
If you are already insured or are shopping for new coverage, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Buying affordable insurance in Milwaukee can be easy if you know a few tricks. Smart shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to compare company rates instantly.
Reducing your Volkswagen Eos insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to go to all the different Milwaukee insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance only provided by licensed Milwaukee agents. Drivers can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$216||$412||$234||$14||$70||$946||$79|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$214||$476||$298||$18||$90||$1,096||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise auto insurance rates greatly.
Volkswagen Eos liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below examines Volkswagen Eos insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Eos settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Physical damage deductibles
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Volkswagen Eos premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen Eos but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $750 every year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Milwaukee Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means better rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Raise deductibles and save – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Getting married is a good thing – Being married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- High premiums for teen drivers – Youthful drivers in Wisconsin are statistically proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Miles driven impacts costs – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data. Improper usage on your Eos is just wasting money.
- Volkswagen Eos statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Eos vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Volkswagen Eos Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Eos Convertible 88 77 78 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total Eos insurance premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Eos insurance in Milwaukee.
- Good Student – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Eos insurance in Milwaukee.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
To find companies who offer cheap Volkswagen Eos insurance quotes in Milwaukee in Milwaukee, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Milwaukee insurance agency
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is still important in Milwaukee.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When finding a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Milwaukee agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Milwaukee independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Milwaukee exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Milwaukee?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you receive good feedback to your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
Budget-conscious Volkswagen Eos insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When getting Milwaukee car insurance quotes online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More information is located at the links below
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)