Wish you could get a refund on an expensive auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because there are lots of people in the same boat.
It’s shocking but 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Drivers have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more challenging to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best deal on Nissan Leaf insurance in Milwaukee last year other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of information about Leaf insurance on the internet, but you can learn some great ideas on how to save money.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan Leaf insurance in Milwaukee is to know the trick most larger insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, driver ages, whether you drive to work or school, and how much you drive. That information is instantly sent to multiple car insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To find the cheapest Nissan Leaf insurance rates, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Leaf are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Nissan Leaf Insurance Costs Can Be More Affordable
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- How credit rating affects insurance premiums – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your Nissan Leaf by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
- Having a spouse can lower rates – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Insurance rates and driver gender – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Your occupation and insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like fire fighters, police officers, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, professions such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- File a policy claims and pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Wisconsin award most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Teen drivers pay high prices – Older people tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Teenage drivers have been known to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Incidental coverages may be wasting money – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Nissan Leaf claim statistics – Insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Nissan Leaf vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Leaf Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Leaf Electric 89 84 45 83 64 76
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Leaf insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Milwaukee may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When quoting and comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Wisconsin?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Exclusive and independent auto insurance agents
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
If you need to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Agencies in Milwaukee can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it can affect which agent you choose.
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Milwaukee independent insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
If you get good feedback to all your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented a lot of information how to save on Nissan Leaf insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents. More affordable insurance in Milwaukee is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional insurance information can be found at these links:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)