Are you looking for a better way to compare cheaper Ford Flex insurance in Milwaukee? Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Wisconsin can cut their rates by up to $373 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly blast consumers with ads and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Companies offering Ford Flex insurance in Milwaukee
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$224||$358||$230||$14||$68||$894||$75|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$96||$184||$216||$12||$64||$572||$48|
|Flex SEL AWD||$224||$352||$230||$14||$68||$888||$74|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$182||$284||$230||$14||$68||$778||$65|
|Flex Limited AWD||$244||$484||$278||$16||$84||$1,106||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Milwaukee location which can impact prices substantially.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Flex insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Impact of speeding/accidents on car insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can influence Ford Flex annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper rates by receiving these nine discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Data – Milwaukee drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to monitor driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on the internet.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Flex insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Flex insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Milwaukee can earn you a little savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, good driver, defensive driver, air bags, early bird, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- 21st Century includes discounts for 55 and older, student driver, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, homeowners, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Travelers has discounts for new car, student away at school, good student, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and payment discounts.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, military active duty, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Milwaukee who can give free rate quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a provider requires you to look at more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Milwaukee?
When researching a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Milwaukee can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 546-2100 – View Map
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give price quote information.
12344 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53228 – (414) 235-3561 – View Map
Advertising and car insurance
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads advertise claims about savings just by moving your policy. How does every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a driver they prefer might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, has few claims, and has a short commute. A customer who matches those parameters will get a cheap rate quote in Milwaukee and will most likely cut their Ford Flex insurance rates if they switch.
Drivers who are not a match for those criteria will be quoted higher rates with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. Because each company has a different risk profile, drivers should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverages for a Ford Flex
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Flex from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Flex in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Flex.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10 in Wisconsin), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Liability – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/10 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Wisconsin requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for ambulance fees, dental work, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, fire damage and falling objects. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
A little work can save a LOT of money
The cheapest Ford Flex insurance in Milwaukee can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information can be found below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)