Are you burned out from not being able to afford each month for auto insurance? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
Astonishing but true, the majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,300, Milwaukee drivers could save almost $373 every year by just shopping around, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Due to the abundance of choices for buying cheaper insurance for a Chevy SS in Milwaukee, it can be challenging to find the cheapest company.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Milwaukee is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, use these techniques to buy cheaper car insurance while maintaining coverages. Drivers just need to know the quickest method to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Chevy SS insurance quotes in Milwaukee
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Milwaukee car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- E-sign - A few companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new SS can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course in school.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you're out of luck.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, youthful driver, and driver training.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for home ownership, multi-car, early quote, good student, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bag, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, five-year accident-free, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, and military active duty.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Milwaukee. To locate insurers who offer discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
Eight Things That Determine Your Insurance Rates
It's important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Cheaper rates after marriage - Your spouse helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Does your vocation cost you more? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as military personnel, social workers and accountants generally have the highest rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs like professors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
High physical damage deductibles equal low rates - The deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Credit history impacts costs - Having a bad credit rating factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit score is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet SS by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums - Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Wisconsin DMV.
Little extras can really add up - There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Better auto insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Do thieves like your car? - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
Chevy SS claim probability - Insurers use past insurance losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some people still like to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you bids for your business. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a good Milwaukee insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Milwaukee may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance - Lorene Hirsch Agency LLC
3927 S 76th St - Milwaukee, WI 53220 - (414) 329-3999 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 - Milwaukee, WI 53219 - (414) 352-1118 - View Map
If you feel you receive good feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy. It's important to know that it's your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you want so don't assume you're contractually obligated to any specific company for any length of time.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
More effort can pay off
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Milwaukee can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)