Sick and tired of being strong-armed each month for auto insurance? You are no different than millions of other vehicle owners.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Wisconsin could save themselves 30% a year, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Since you have so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Pontiac G5 in Milwaukee, it can be hard to choose the most cost effective insurer.
You should make it a habit to compare prices on a regular basis because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best rate on Pontiac G5 insurance in Milwaukee last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Lower car insurance rates with continuous car insurance coverage – Driving with no insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Wisconsin motor vehicle department.
Premiums are lower the older you get – Beginning drivers in Wisconsin are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Performance makes a difference – The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Since the Pontiac G5 is a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same compared to average rates in Milwaukee. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Lower premiums for being claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Wisconsin generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Most larger insurance companies provide coverage prices from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Pontiac G5 insurance in Milwaukee is pretty easy because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on the data you entered. The ability to get online price quotes for Pontiac G5 insurance in Milwaukee makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to find affordable prices.
To compare rates using this form now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies can provide quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads for cheaper auto insurance from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. All the ads try to convey promises that you can save if you switch your policy.
That’s great but how can every company charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance providers require specific criteria for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a profitable risk profile might have to be a married female, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. Any person who matches those parameters may get the lowest prices in Milwaukee and will save if they switch.
Consumers who cannot meet those criteria will have to pay higher rates and this results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why companies can truthfully make those statements.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to do a quote comparison often. You cannot predict which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Wisconsin
Despite the high insurance cost for a Pontiac G5 in Milwaukee, maintaining insurance is required in Wisconsin but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Pontiac G5 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying more than $700 annually so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Save money on Pontiac G5 insurance in Milwaukee with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Claim Free – Milwaukee drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Onboard Data Collection – Milwaukee drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the larger companies that may have most of these discounts include:
Check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be available in every state. For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Milwaukee, click this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is still important in Milwaukee.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Milwaukee that can give you free Milwaukee car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Milwaukee car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Milwaukee can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Milwaukee who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee willing to provide price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel a policy any time you want so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Lower rates by being persistent
Cost effective Pontiac G5 insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
You just learned a lot of ways to find cheap Pontiac G5 insurance in Milwaukee. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)