Are you irritated from not being able to scrape enough together to insure your Lexus every month? You are no different than many other Wisconsin drivers.
Remarkably, a study showed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
There are many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons occasionally because rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best premium rates on Lexus CT 200h insurance in Milwaukee a year ago a different company probably has better prices today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on car insurance.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the most effective ways to compare rates. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this information. But Wisconsin car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to determine what you pay and use it to find better rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Wisconsin. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Earn discounts on Milwaukee insurance
Car insurance companies don’t list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Milwaukee auto insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Milwaukee auto insurance quote.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Milwaukee auto insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current CT 200h insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Milwaukee can save a few bucks because it is proof of financial responsibility.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, driver training, and youthful driver.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and good student.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, air bags, defensive driver, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Milwaukee. To locate companies who offer online Lexus CT 200h insurance quotes in Wisconsin, click here.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Wisconsin but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus CT 200h, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lexus and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to save money.
Can’t I compare rates from local Milwaukee insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Milwaukee.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Milwaukee that can provide free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a good Milwaukee insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent agents in Milwaukee that can give you price quote information.
Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are Milwaukee exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?