Pretty sure you bought overpriced Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Milwaukee? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many Milwaukee consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Milwaukee could save as much as $373 every year, but they won’t spend time to compare rate quotes.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Milwaukee.
Discounts can help to save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Milwaukee
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Shelby GT350 can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Milwaukee can save you money since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, student driver, good student, driver training, and teen driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include defensive driving, anti-theft, accident-free, family plan, and business or organization.
- Esurance includes discounts for paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, defensive driver, Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
Check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Milwaukee, click this link.
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give Milwaukee Shelby GT350 insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save Money with These Tips
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Going without insurance can be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Pay lower rates after the wedding – Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Responsible drivers pay the best prices – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Ford Shelby GT350 if you improve your credit rating. People with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Gender as a rate factor – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Ford Shelby GT350?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Milwaukee?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare prices but still have a local Milwaukee insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Milwaukee should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
The difference between Milwaukee car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Milwaukee agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Milwaukee that can give you price quotes.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Milwaukee, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Shelby GT350 are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistence pays off
More affordable car insurance in Milwaukee is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not have online price quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When you buy Milwaukee car insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Milwaukee Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Students in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)