I can’t think of anyone who is fond of buying car insurance, especially when they know their premiums are too high.
Amazingly, the vast majority of Wisconsin car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save an average of approximately $860 each year, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company. Having so many options when it comes to car insurance, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the cheapest car insurance company.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Milwaukee can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. Smart buyers just have to understand the fastest way to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
Cheap Milwaukee auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total Bolt insurance premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may offer discounts for farm vehicle, 55 and retired, new car, good student, utility vehicle, teenSMART discount, and premier discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, and multi-car.
Check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be offered in every state. For a list of companies that offer discounts in Milwaukee, click here to view.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking a company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Milwaukee?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
When looking for a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are Milwaukee exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Lorene Hirsch Agency LLC
3927 S 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 329-3999 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give comparison quotes.
Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When searching for cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Chevy Bolt insurance is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Milwaukee car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ideas to reduce Chevy Bolt insurance rates online in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)