Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Buick Regal in Wisconsin could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Buick and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Milwaukee agents.
If you’re already insured or just want to save money, use these techniques to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Locating the best-priced car insurance policy in Milwaukee is not as time-consuming as you think. Smart buyers only need to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get price estimates on their websites. Getting online quotes for Buick Regal insurance in Milwaukee is quite simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the quote system pulls your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Quoting online for Buick Regal insurance in Milwaukee makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest payment.
In order to find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick Regal, it’s most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Buick gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Wisconsin is overpaying more than $700 annually so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Milwaukee insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will give a small break shop Milwaukee auto insurance on the internet.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies who may offer these benefits include:
If you need the cheapest Buick Regal rate quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer cheap Buick Regal insurance quotes in Wisconsin, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Milwaukee?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Milwaukee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Milwaukee insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee that can give you comparison quotes.
- Reilly Insurance Services
3075 S Howell Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-4461 – View Map
- Billy Brown Insurance
715 Milwaukee St – Delafield, WI 53018 – (262) 646-8252 – View Map
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-8900 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee willing to provide rate quotes.
- Karin Bojarski-Vella State Farm®
7919 N 76th St – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-1141 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angelica Angel
5220 S 27th St – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-3600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Cyndy Johnson
3801 W Fond Du Lac Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53216 – (414) 445-2558 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Milwaukee?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many years have they been established?
- How often do they review coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like chiropractic care, doctor visits and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Regal to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, medical expenses, court costs and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Wisconsin requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Shop smart and save
Cost effective Buick Regal insurance is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high prices, policy non-renewal or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
When searching for affordable Buick Regal insurance quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)