Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Milwaukee? Did you make the mistake of buying overpriced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Milwaukee? Trust us, you’re not alone.
Shocking but true, most insurance buyers in Wisconsin have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in the U.S. could save as much as $850 every year, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy. You have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Compare Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Milwaukee, insurance is required in Wisconsin but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Golf SportWagen has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates every year to save money.
Is there deception in advertising?
Wisconsin drivers can’t get away from all the ads that promise big savings by Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make the point that you can save after switching your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a desirable insured should be between the ages of 30 and 45, has a clean driving record, and drives a safe vehicle. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get a cheap rate quote in Milwaukee and therefore will save money with a new company.
Insureds who are not a match for the requirements will get a more expensive rate which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. Because of these techniques, you absolutely need to get Milwaukee auto insurance quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Don’t overlook these nine Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driver class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will lower your auto insurance premiums.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for driver training, teen driver, air bags, anti-lock brakes, early bird, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers discounts for anti-theft, business or organization, accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including claim free, anti-theft, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, bundle, air bag, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find cheaper Milwaukee auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in every state. For a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Milwaukee, click this link.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Milwaukee should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How many years have they been established?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
If you want to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Milwaukee are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Milwaukee who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Milwaukee that are able to give rate quotes.
Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Golf SportWagen caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Golf SportWagen to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, surgery, funeral costs, chiropractic care and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Wisconsin state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Cover all your bases
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance prices in Milwaukee. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy Milwaukee auto insurance online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for College Graduates in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)