Wish you could get a refund on an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Milwaukee drivers thinking the same thing.
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Wisconsin consumers could cut their rates by about 30% a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Milwaukee.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons before your policy renews because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest rate on Pontiac Vibe insurance in Milwaukee a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to save on auto insurance.
To find low cost quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from local Milwaukee insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find cheaper Pontiac Vibe rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the trained guidance of a local agent. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy. Just keep in mind that comparing more prices helps you find more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give online Milwaukee Vibe insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare rates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Wisconsin. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Milwaukee garaging location which can influence price quotes considerably.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Pontiac Vibe premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Pontiac Vibe claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Pontiac Vibe car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can influence Pontiac Vibe annual premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac Vibe insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Vibe has a lien holder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Pontiac and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Pontiac Vibe insurance discounts in Milwaukee
Companies don’t always publicize every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Senior Discount – Seniors could receive reduced rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Milwaukee can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Vibe insurance in Milwaukee.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing online.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, good student, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for exclusive group savings, newly married, good student, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Milwaukee. To choose insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Milwaukee, click this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Milwaukee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Milwaukee that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Arthur Olszewski Agency Inc.
7400 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5533 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Milwaukee, get answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Cheaper car insurance in Milwaukee is available both online in addition to many Milwaukee insurance agents, so you need to shop Milwaukee car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Pontiac Vibe insurance prices in Milwaukee. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Milwaukee car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)