I doubt anyone gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
It’s hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Milwaukee could save themselves almost 30% a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more challenging to adequately compare rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Milwaukee.
Consumers need to compare rates occasionally because rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rate on Pontiac GTO insurance in Milwaukee a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
The purpose of this post is to teach you how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Although Wisconsin consumers benefit from understanding the way companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
Cheap companies for Pontiac GTO insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Milwaukee insurance discounts for a Pontiac GTO
Some companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used GTO can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for several vehicles on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will positively reduce your policy premium.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, early shopping, distant student, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for multi-car, safety device, Switch & Save, good driver, and claim free.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Allstate may include discounts for passive restraint, teenSMART discount, defensive driver, senior citizen, and good payer.
If you need affordable Milwaukee car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Milwaukee. To find insurance companies who offer cheap Pontiac GTO insurance quotes in Milwaukee, follow this link.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Pontiac GTO Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates are usually found on low performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Pontiac GTO is considered a sport coupe, insuring your vehicle will cost much more than the average rate where you live in Milwaukee.
- Theft deterrents systems cut insurance rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft.
- Being married can save on insurance – Having a significant other can actually save you money on insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Careless driving leads to higher rates – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Wisconsin?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Milwaukee.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Milwaukee who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Milwaukee for you
If you need to find a good Milwaukee insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Milwaukee that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Milwaukee willing to provide comparison quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Milwaukee should have no problem answering these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Why you might not save $394 a year
Respected companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all make the point that drivers will save a bundle just by moving to their company. How does every auto insurance company save you money on Pontiac GTO insurance in Milwaukee? It’s all in the numbers.
Many companies can use profiling for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. An example of a profitable insured could be married and over the age of 30, carries high limits, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Anybody that meets those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Milwaukee and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile may be required to pay a more expensive rate which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. This is how insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
Because every company is different, you really need to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest Pontiac GTO insurance in Milwaukee.
More effort can pay off
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When you buy Milwaukee car insurance online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost.
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Pontiac GTO insurance rates online in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Milwaukee Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)