Want to save money and find low-cost Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Milwaukee? When looking for lower-priced insurance, do you get confused by the number of auto insurance choices in your area? Many other drivers are too. Consumers have so many choices to choose from that it can turn into a difficult mission to find the best prices for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Milwaukee. Milwaukee is a wonderful place to live, but pricey auto insurance can make it very difficult to stay on budget.
Unbelievable but true, over 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many consumers in the United States could save themselves almost $850 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Milwaukee is much easier if you have a good place to start. Practically each driver who is required by state law to have auto insurance will more than likely find a lower price. But Wisconsin consumers should learn the methods companies use to compete online because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Wisconsin
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Wisconsin. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$124||$228||$236||$14||$70||$672||$56|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$174||$344||$236||$14||$70||$838||$70|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$100||$174||$202||$12||$60||$548||$46|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the things insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Deter theft and save money – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart your car from being stolen.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
Defend yourself with liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Vehicles with better crash test results lower insurance rates – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
How old are your drivers? – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.Teen drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
Does your vocation cost you more? – Jobs like judges, architects and miners tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers like scientists, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Mazda MX-5 Miata – Companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible||76||61||74||72|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Milwaukee car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Organization Discounts – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- American Family has savings for bundled insurance, accident-free, multi-vehicle, good driver, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, driver training, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, payment discounts, home ownership, IntelliDrive, good student, and save driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, and air bag.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Milwaukee. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Milwaukee, click here.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Milwaukee that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does their agency support local causes in Milwaukee?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How long has their agency been open in Milwaukee?
If you would like to find a local Milwaukee insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Milwaukee can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Milwaukee that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Stanley
3525 S 68th St – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 321-3700 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Dennis James
6111 W Bluemound Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53213 – (414) 259-0040 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Angelica Angel
5220 S 27th St – Milwaukee, WI 53221 – (414) 282-3600 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Milwaukee willing to provide price quote information.
- Procter Insurance Agency
2315 10th Ave – South Milwaukee, WI 53172 – (414) 762-8900 – View Map
- Butzer Insurance Agency
7311 W Burleigh St – Milwaukee, WI 53210 – (414) 445-9585 – View Map
- See Insurance Agency LLC
7817 W Brown Deer Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53223 – (414) 355-5433 – View Map
Quote more to save more
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many Milwaukee insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Milwaukee Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)