Would you prefer to buy more affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Milwaukee? Are you tired of not being able to afford each month for auto insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other drivers in Wisconsin.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Wisconsin can cut their rates by nearly $370 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates. Numerous insurers battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Milwaukee.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around before your next renewal because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Dodge Ram insurance in Milwaukee on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Milwaukee utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if you require a SR-22, if you have a valid license, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your rating data is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$152||$244||$244||$14||$74||$728||$61|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$140||$236||$294||$18||$88||$776||$65|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$196||$344||$314||$18||$94||$966||$81|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$174||$304||$250||$14||$74||$816||$68|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$172||$294||$272||$16||$82||$836||$70|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$112||$174||$268||$16||$80||$650||$54|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$156||$254||$250||$14||$74||$748||$62|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$194||$294||$266||$16||$80||$850||$71|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$156||$254||$250||$14||$74||$748||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$284||$422||$340||$20||$102||$1,168||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$142||$242||$250||$14||$74||$722||$60|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$156||$294||$294||$18||$88||$850||$71|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$214||$434||$294||$18||$88||$1,048||$87|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$174||$300||$250||$14||$74||$812||$68|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$214||$412||$294||$18||$88||$1,026||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$118||$228||$294||$18||$88||$746||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$140||$236||$244||$14||$74||$708||$59|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$192||$346||$294||$18||$88||$938||$78|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$248||$484||$260||$16||$78||$1,086||$91|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$216||$398||$266||$16||$80||$976||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location which can modify premium rates greatly.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below examines Dodge Ram insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Dodge Ram insurance premiums by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need Ram insurance in Wisconsin
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram in Milwaukee, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Dodge Ram and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Dodge Ram Insurance Cost Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- High credit scores equal low prices – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Ram if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit.
- Location can modify price – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Too many policy claims drive up rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Wisconsin give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Theft deterrents save – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Companies want multiple policies – Some insurance companies will award lower prices to customers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Females tend to cost less – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Discounts can help save money on Dodge Ram insurance in Milwaukee
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Ram can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Milwaukee car insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge could earn discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should help reduce your policy premium.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, alternative fuel, distant student, youthful driver, and early shopping.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for multiple vehicles, anti-theft, student away at school, good student, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- USAA has discounts for good student, annual mileage, safe driver, military installation, and vehicle storage.
When getting free Milwaukee car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Milwaukee. To choose insurance companies who offer free Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Milwaukee, click here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is my Dodge Ram covered if I use it for business?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local Milwaukee insurance agents and insurance
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Milwaukee.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Listed below are agents in Milwaukee that are able to give price quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Milwaukee.
American Family Insurance – James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 546-2100 – View Map
Selecting an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
The cheapest Dodge Ram insurance in Milwaukee is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Milwaukee car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)