Would you like to buy more affordable Buick Lucerne insurance in Milwaukee? Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced insurance policy? You’re in good company because you’re not the only one.
Amazingly, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in Milwaukee could pocket $373 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the rate savings if they changed companies. You have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It’s a good idea to check insurance prices as often as possible since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best deal on Buick Lucerne insurance in Milwaukee two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Lucerne insurance online, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Milwaukee.
Quote Milwaukee Buick Lucerne insurance online
Many insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you to get coverage prices online. Comparing prices online for Buick Lucerne insurance in Milwaukee is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages into the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system collects credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. Using the web to get price quotes for Buick Lucerne insurance in Milwaukee makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a better rate.
In order to find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will receive rate quotes for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$156||$370||$298||$18||$90||$932||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
Car insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Buick Lucerne insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Milwaukee
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims increase Buick Lucerne yearly insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Buick for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts on Buick Lucerne insurance in Milwaukee?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Milwaukee car insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
If you would like to view providers with discount rates in Milwaukee, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from Milwaukee insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Milwaukee.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a good Milwaukee insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Milwaukee agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are independent agents in Milwaukee that can give you rate quotes.
12344 W Layton Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53228 – (414) 235-3561 – View Map
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Milwaukee, get answers to these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Lucerne resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Lucerne to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for prosthetic devices, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Buick Lucerne.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, theft and falling objects. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, medical services, bail bonds, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Wisconsin state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Discount Buick Lucerne insurance in Milwaukee can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Milwaukee, so you need to shop Milwaukee car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)