How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest Honda HR-V insurance in Milwaukee? I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
Sad but true, most drivers in Wisconsin have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save nearly 47% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
People have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to adequately compare rates for Honda HR-V insurance in Milwaukee.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price on Honda HR-V insurance in Milwaukee a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on HR-V insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to save money.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from different Milwaukee insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest Honda HR-V insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to different Milwaukee agent offices. Comparing Honda HR-V insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional abilities of a local Milwaukee agent. Drivers can get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When comparing insurance rates, know that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your Honda vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda HR-V in Milwaukee, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda HR-V, more than likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Honda HR-V insurance in Milwaukee
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower auto insurance rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring more than one vehicle on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, multiple autos, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for driver training, good student, youthful driver, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, air bags, emergency military deployment, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Milwaukee. For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
When do I need to talk to an insurance agency?
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Milwaukee?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Milwaukee that are able to give price quotes for Honda HR-V insurance in Milwaukee.
How much insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Wisconsin minimum liability coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, delays in paying claims and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced Honda HR-V insurance in Milwaukee can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Milwaukee agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Seniors in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)