How long have you put off shopping around for cheaper auto insurance rates in Milwaukee, WI? Milwaukee buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Ford Expedition insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Ford and get the lowest price from both online companies and Milwaukee agents.
It’s smart to compare rates once or twice a year because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best price on Ford Expedition insurance in Milwaukee on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You can find a lot of information about Expedition insurance online, but I’m going to show you some excellent ideas to find cheap auto insurance in Milwaukee.
Our objective is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Shoppers just need to understand the most effective way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
The majority of larger companies provide prices for coverage directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Expedition insurance in Milwaukee is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system sends out for your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online price quotes for Ford Expedition insurance in Milwaukee helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower-cost prices.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$152||$254||$220||$14||$66||$706||$59|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$172||$296||$184||$10||$56||$718||$60|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$138||$232||$264||$16||$78||$728||$61|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$164||$242||$196||$12||$58||$672||$56|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$172||$346||$220||$14||$66||$818||$68|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$140||$278||$206||$12||$62||$698||$58|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$172||$350||$184||$10||$56||$772||$64|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$156||$294||$220||$14||$66||$750||$63|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$158||$222||$256||$16||$76||$728||$61|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$140||$236||$184||$10||$56||$626||$52|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Wisconsin minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location which can influence insurance rates noticeably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The information below shows the difference between Ford Expedition premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Ford Expedition annual premium costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Ford Expedition insurance rates in Milwaukee
Some companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Student in College – Older children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, business and professional, switch companies, bundle discounts, and distant student.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Esurance includes discounts for good student, paid-in-full, good driver, online shopper, Switch & Save, multi-car, and renters.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view providers that offer multiple discounts in Milwaukee, click here.
Three reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Expedition in Milwaukee, paying for insurance is mandatory in Wisconsin but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Expedition. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Neighborhood Milwaukee auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to buy from a local agent. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Milwaukee.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Milwaukee auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to use an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you need to contact independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Milwaukee who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- 1st Light Insurance Services
500 W Silver Spring Dr k200 – Milwaukee, WI 53217 – (414) 393-1950 – View Map
- Dale G Latus Insurance
5232 W Oklahoma Ave # 215 – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 352-1118 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Milwaukee that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Cyndy Johnson
3801 W Fond Du Lac Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53216 – (414) 445-2558 – View Map
- Mark Bojarski – State Farm Insurance Agent
4724 W Forest Home Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 545-6820 – View Map
- State Farm: Bob Vitt
161 W Wisconsin Ave #5196 – Milwaukee, WI 53203 – (414) 276-3446 – View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Wisconsin?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Milwaukee?
Upon getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage.