Do you want to stop overpaying and find more competitive Subaru WRX insurance in Milwaukee? Shopping for budget Milwaukee Subaru WRX insurance quotes might seem intimidating for beginners to buying their insurance over the internet. Since there are so many online companies available, how are vehicle owners expected to efficiently compare every one to find the best available price?
A recent survey discovered that most insurance policyholders have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Wisconsin being $1,343, drivers could save nearly $370 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the best rates in Milwaukee is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Although Wisconsin car owners do need to learn how insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few insurance companies will give a small break get Milwaukee car insurance over the internet.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, good student, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, home ownership, and student away at school.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, defensive driver, teen driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, student away at school, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find low cost Milwaukee car insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To view insurance companies with significant discounts in Milwaukee, follow this link.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Subaru WRX insurance in Milwaukee is to know the trick most of the larger companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like distance driven, whether you are married, if it has an alarm system, and level of coverage desired. Your rating data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To find lower cheap Subaru WRX insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Milwaukee.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Milwaukee, WI. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Youthful driver insurance premiums – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Young drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your WRX policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Poor credit score equals high premiums – A driver’s credit score factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit rating is low, you could save money insuring your Subaru WRX by improving your credit score.
- Defend yourself with liability – Liability insurance will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Loss statistics for a Subaru WRX – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium prices. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Subaru WRX Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Milwaukee insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Milwaukee that provide free Milwaukee car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Milwaukee?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Milwaukee?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Milwaukee are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Milwaukee who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance
2121 S Kinnickinnic Ave #7 – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 483-3300 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Dennis James
6111 W Bluemound Rd – Milwaukee, WI 53213 – (414) 259-0040 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Stanley
3525 S 68th St – Milwaukee, WI 53220 – (414) 321-3700 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Milwaukee who can help you get price quotes.
- Reilly Insurance Services
3075 S Howell Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53207 – (414) 482-4461 – View Map
- Philleo Agency Insurance
12555 W Burleigh Rd – Brookfield, WI 53005 – (262) 432-4200 – View Map
- Santiago Insurance Agency
828 W Historic Mitchell St – Milwaukee, WI 53204 – (414) 727-8284 – View Map
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru WRX in Milwaukee, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Wisconsin but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Subaru, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
In the end, you can save money
We just presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Milwaukee. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Milwaukee car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Low-cost Subaru WRX insurance in Milwaukee is available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Milwaukee Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)