Nobody looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
Unbelievably, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in the U.S. could save $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates occasionally because insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Chevy Spark insurance in Milwaukee six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to buy cheaper Chevy Spark insurance in Milwaukee.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Spark insurance in Milwaukee is to know car insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as daily mileage, how much coverage you want, if a SR-22 is needed, and how much school you completed. That rating information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes immediately.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Wisconsin. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chevy Spark insurance in Milwaukee
Some providers don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select car insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current Spark insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, driver training, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, student away at school, good student, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, teen driver, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Milwaukee, click here to view.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Milwaukee car insurance agent
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Milwaukee who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Milwaukee should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Below is a short list of insurers in Milwaukee that may be able to provide price quotes for Chevy Spark insurance in Milwaukee.
American Family Insurance – James W Eve Agency LLC
6917 W Oklahoma Ave – Milwaukee, WI 53219 – (414) 546-2100 – View Map
If you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located a company that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage.
Insurance in Wisconsin serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Milwaukee, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Wisconsin these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Spark, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Chevy Spark but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Wisconsin drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, bail bonds and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Wisconsin requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, falling objects, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and theft. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Spark caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Spark in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills like dental work, X-ray expenses, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced Chevy Spark insurance in Milwaukee can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
Additional car insurance information is available at these links:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Milwaukee? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)